Monday, December 15, 2008
Are you a spectator of life or a player of life?
I'm either neither, or both. Sometimes i just get so involved with what I'm doing and try to reach my goal at any cost. But when i reach a point where that goal seems too far away, i start to take steps back and look at life as a whole. What's life and what's the purpose of living life? No one knows. Can you bring all your knowledge and successes to the afterlife? There ought to be a lifetime goal besides wanting to be the best amongst others. Maybe to experience the bitter and sweet of life? Maybe just to have a taste of what success feels like, or what it feels like to love or to be loved, to have kids and a family? Ha.. I dont know man. I'm only 17 and what's love or family/kids to me..? Just suddenly came to me that life's an amazing -
whatever is it- of God. I may be looking at 'life' as a thing now, but who knows tmr i'll be slogging my guts out to get into uni. Without emotions, life is
nothing.
After all the typing, I'm not saying we should then just idle and play and enjoy then die.. Heh
For me now, at this second, I prefer to be a spectator of life, to watch and learn rather than experience and learn. If only we had the ability to switch off ourselves when things get too heated up..
Anw, my perspectives, emotions and needs are ever-changing. Nothing's for sure except my family.
Labels: you
posted by
ariel at 10:36 PM